(Please note: the names and locations of all parties have been changed to protect the confidentiality of the participants in this brain injury/automobile accident case and its proceedings.)
ITEMIZED LIST OF CLAIMED DAMAGES
MEDICAL SPECIALS TO DATE
(1) University Neuropsychology Group $ 5,500.00
(2) Suzanne Perry, Ph.D. (approx.) $ 5,000.00
(3) Medical Center $ 2,253.90
(4) Beverly Tower Imaging $ 3,055.00
(5) Michael Lee, D.C. $ 3,230.00
(6) Donna Green, M.D. $ 1,225.00
(7) Robert James, M.D. $ 1,950.00
(8) The Massage Place $ 994.00
(9) Joan John, M.D. $ 7,000.00
(10) A.U.D. (Audiology) $ 1,000.00
(11) Tim Jones, M.D. $ 550.00
(12) Matrix Group $ 775.00
(13) XYZ Hospital $ 1,646.00
FUTURE MEDICAL SPECIALS
LOSS OF EARNINGS
(1) Loss of Earnings to Date: $ 170,000.00
(2) Future Loss of Earnings: $ 500,000.00
STATUS OF SETTLEMENT NEGOTIATIONS
The parties have had two sessions of mediation with a mediator from ADR Services. Plaintiff’s lowest demand was $500,000.00,: Defendant’s highest offer was $50,000.00.
Defendant Brown is covered by a $500,000.00 automobile insurance policy. Plaintiff had tendered a statutory offer to settle for the policy limits back in September 4, 2008. In turn, Mr. Brown tendered a statutory offer to settle for $50,000.00.
Plaintiff next tendered a statutory offer to settle for $250,000.00 on December 4, 2008. That offer has expired and in light of the significant ongoing difficulties plaintiff has suffered, her demand was once again for the full policy limits. That renewed offer to settle for the policy limits has expired.
For more information you are welcome to contact Sacramento personal injury lawyer, Moseley Collins.