Car accidents are the order of the day and millions of car accidents occur in the whole world while thousands of them occur in USA alone. The statistics regarding car accidents show that a car accident occurs after every 10 seconds in the USA alone. Moreover, 2,350,000 people got injured and 37,261 of them died in road accidents in the year, 2008, in the USA. Although the number of deaths due to road accidents and especially the car accidents is on the decline during the recent years, yet the number of injuries and deaths is alarming and people have to make sure that they take all the necessary precautionary measures to avoid car accidents.
Some of the precautionary measures include:
1. Always drive a well-maintained car. With this car, you will be in a better position to keep away from accidents. It will also lead you to be carefree about the accidents that happen due to faulty spare parts, oil leakages, and so on.
2. Check the air in tires. If there is any problem with tires, just go to the workshop and let it be in perfect order before you go on a long journey with the car.
3. Regularly check the engine oil. If there is any problem with this oil, you simply have to replace it with new oil.
4. Check the warning lights and drive only if they are off. But, in case, any one of them is showing any signs of disturbance, you must handle the issue before starting your journey. The gasoline, engine and engine coolant lights, etc, must be off before starting the engine.
5. The car driver must also be in fresh mood and in the best health conditions. If there is any mental tension or any other physical problems, the driver must not drive the car.
6. Switch off your mobile phone, but if you cannot do so, let it work in auto mode so that you do not have to push buttons to receive calls. The best possible option will be to avoid texting during driving. Texting has also become one of the major causes of accidents. Sometimes, text message reading alone can let you start feeling tension and this may cause accidents, too.
7. Always drive in the defensive mode. The car control must always be superb whenever you want to apply brakes. This way, the losses to property as well as life will be diminished to a great extent.
8. The most significant thing in this context is the proper knowledge as how and when to get out of the car if the accident is unavoidable. This will let you save yours and others’ lives by letting the car to go with the wind.
Thus, the above mentioned precautionary measures can prove to be fruitful when you finally have decided to prepare a car that is under you at this time. By employing these precautionary measures, you will stand with a better chance to remain aloof from accidents for most of the time.