What do you do if you have been in a car crash and injured? Living in Sacramento, CA, we hear about accidents and injuries everyday. But do we really know the dos and don’ts if placed in the situation ourselves? Do we really consider all the factors involved and how to best handle the situation?
I found an article on findlaw.com that gives a good overview of what to do and not to do after an accident. Take a look at it, print it out, and keep it handy just in case. It’s always useful to keep information like this in mind in the case of an accident.
1. Medical Attention: Seek medical care comes first in an accident
2. Police: Call the police in serious accidents
3. Cooperate: With all law enforcement and emergency personnel
4. License Plates and Other Info: Get the license plates of all vehicles involved in the car accident and the drivers’ names, addresses, telephone numbers, and insurance information
5. Witnesses: Write down all witnesses names, addresses, and phone numbers
6. Contact: Your own insurance company
7. Photographs: Take photographs of the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, your injuries, and all damage.
8. Contact: A lawyer
1. Move: Do not move your car after an accident unless necessary for safety or legal reasons
2. Get in accident #2: Don’t put yourself in a place where you are subjecting yourself to further injuries.
3. Leave: Do not leave the scene of the accident until police give you the ok
4. Evidence: Do not throw away any evidence
5. Speak legally: Do not talk about legal matters (fault, settlement, etc.) until you speak to your lawyer.
I sincerely hope this helps if you ever get the unfortunate event of being involved in a car accident. If such thing happens and if you have been injured in an accident and would like some advice, please call the Law Offices of Moseley Collins for help. We know what to do.
For further information on this article, please click here.